Thursday, September 13, 2012

Baked Mac'n'Cheese

 
Last weekend my parents had us over for steak and baked potatoes and my mom told me to bring another side. I made some green beans (Levi loves 'em) and broke out this recipe I pinned a while back. Guys, it was reeeeaaaaaaalllllllly good. It's definitely a comfort food (and a great football season dish!) and you definitely feel a little guilt when you eat it, but it's a GREAT recipe.
 
As far as I know, everyone else liked it too and my husband said he could "eat a whole meal of just that." I pretty much copied it exactly (made a few changes). Here you go:
 
Ingredients:
4 T butter
Coarse salt & black pepper
3 C jumbo elbow macaroni
2 12-oz cans evaporated milk
1/3 C milk
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 8-oz pkgs shredded cheddar cheese
1 8-oz pkg Monterey Jack cheese
paprika
 
Instructions:
Cook macaroni according to package instructions and add a dash of salt. Drain, return to pot, add butter and toss until pasta is well-coated. Set aside. Whisk together evaporated milk, milk, and eggs. Add seasoned salt, garlic powder, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Set aside. Combine cheeses in another bowl and set aside.
 
In a greased 9x13 pan, pour 1/3 of the macaroni and spread in the bottom. Cover evenly with 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat with remaining macaroni and cheese mixture. Pour milk mixture evenly over contents of baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake until top has browned nicely, 35-45 minutes at 375 degrees. Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
 
*You'll probably be thinking "good grief this is a LOT of cheese!!" as was I. I didn't end up using quite ALL of the cheese.

 

1 comment:

  1. We make mac and cheese a lot when there is nothing else in the house because I always have those things on hand. But I've been wanting to try a baked version for when I actually plan this for dinner; thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...