Monday, December 3, 2012

Simple Peanut Butter Cookies


I got a cookbook made by a local church as part of a wedding gift. I don't remember who, but someone commented that it wasn't a very exciting gift, but I have used the heck out of that cookbook the last 5 years. There are some great "staple" and basic recipes in it that are now some of my staples that I cook all the time.

A couple of years ago (pre Pinterest), I realized I had never made peanut butter cookies (from scratch) when my uncle requested "simple peanut butter cookies" as a birthday present. I grabbed that cookbook and it had a great, easy recipe for PB cookies. I have since added and taken away from that recipe to create my own favorite simple recipe.

I asked my father-in-law what his favorite dessert was (his birthday was last week), fully expecting to make a pie or something equally challenging, but he said peanut butter cookies and oatmeal cookies were his favorite. Here's my simple PB cookie recipe:

Ingredients:
2 C sugar
1 stick of butter/margarine
1/2 C butter-flavored shortening
1 C peanut butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 C all purpose flour

Instructions:
Cream together butter, peanut butter, shortening, sugar, and vanilla, and then add the eggs. After it's mixed well, add the flour. Roll into balls and press with a fork to flatten. Add sugar or sprinkles on top. Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...