Thursday, January 10, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies + Cream Cheese & Pecan Icing


This recipe comes from Darcy - my sister's fiancé's mother - who is also a friend of ours from church. She's known for being a great cook, and during the glorious 3 weeks following the birth of Levi when church friends provided us daily meals (did I mention that was amazing?), Darcy brought us these cookies for dessert accompanying some very delicious potato & sausage soup and hot bread.

Quite a while later when I decided I had stretched the not-cooking out way too long, I asked Darcy for the recipe for those cookies. They were delicious. Half-expecting the recipe to be so complicated that I'd probably never spend the time to make them (I'm generally one for simple recipes), I was overjoyed when she gave it to me.

Ingredients:
Cookies:
2 packages of Nestle Toll House refrigerated cookie dough break-apart squares (oatmeal raisin)
Icing:
1 block of cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
3-4 cups of powdered sugar
Finely chopped pecans
*with this basic cream cheese icing recipe, you can probably stretch it and have enough to ice 4 packages of these cookies

Instructions:
Break apart cookie dough squares. Combine 2 squares for 1 cookie, roll into a ball and then flatten them just a little, to get a good "homemade" cookie shape :). Bake according to package directions. Combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar. Beat until smooth. Refrigerate if desired. After cookies are completely cooled, ice the cookies. You may add pecans mixed into the icing or garnish on top of the cookies.

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I just made oatmeal raisin cookies last night! I've never thought to frost them before...it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...