Tuesday, December 6, 2011

J o y

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great  j o y,  which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
{Luke 2: 10-11} 
We sort of have a theme with our Christmas celebrations this year - you guessed it: joy. I've been studying a lot about joy lately in my reading, and I definitely think it's a great thing to focus on - and not just for Christmas. I have always loved scriptures and songs about joy - and there are a lot of them. We got married at Christmastime, and our wedding processional was "Joy to the World." I'm really glad we did that.

The LORD has done great things for us,
   and we are filled with  j o y
{Psalm 126:3}
Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind.
Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of  j o y
{Psalm 107: 21-22}
So, when Amy designed our Christmas card for this year, she sort of read my mind (without knowing it). I just gave her a very vague description of what I'd like, and she came up with a masterpiece!

{Image courtesy of www.amy-dale.com}


{Image courtesy of www.amy-dale.com}
I hope your Christmas season has been and will be  f i l l e d  with  j o y !

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Christmas Card!!!! She does wonderful work!!! Levi is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ryan! Man I sure miss you!!! Hope things are going great over that way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...