Monday, February 13, 2012

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s Bro!

Over the last week, we celebrated my brother's last (regular-season) home basketball game and Senior Night (tear). We received word a few days before that he was chosen for a memorial scholarship in memory of a 1999 graduate from our high school, and this is the first year the scholarship has been given out. We all knew about it (our family) except for my brother - it was a total surprise to him. On Friday at practice, my brother's coach told him not to dress out at halftime of the girl's game (when he usually does), and to wear something nice. I guess he didn't ask any questions but he was incredibly nervous. To calm his fears (or maybe to greatly increase them?), my mom shrugged and said "maybe they just want you to lead a prayer." Wow, Mom! Poor guy. Anyway - his fan club was bigger than ever that night (we always have a lot of family there, but a lot more came this time) and it was really fun to watch. Congrats Thomas! We are proud!
Here are some pictures from the big night (and from the game the night before):
{Uncle T's youngest fan}

{Grandparents section}






{Proud Mom and Pops}
Have I mentioned that my brother has had a personal photographer during his season? My aunt Cindy and her huge paparazzi camera have come to all his games to shoot, and these photos are all courtesy of her. Thanks Aunt Cindy!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Sis. Yes I am proud of Thomas and all he has accomplished, especially the past couple years. It's very rewarding to see his hard work (both on and off the court) paying off. He's a wonderful young man, but then he had a couple of wonderful big sisters to look up to. And I love all of you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! It's nice to see pics of the good ole fieldhouse. I haven't been there in years. And congrats to your brother on winning that scholarship that I know means so much to so many people!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...