Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Project Post 19: More Wreath Fever

I showed you in this post the wreaths I made out of Pottery Barn garland we got as a wedding gift. After making these and loving them so much, I still had wreath fever :) I waited until grapevine wreath forms went 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby (which made them 50 cents each, for the smaller ones), and I stocked up on a few. My parents had a bunch of garland in their attic that we used for past decorating projects, but they haven't seen any love for several years, so I decided to give them some purpose (here ya go, Dad). I also had one more Pottery Barn Bay Leaf garland, so I made two more wreaths out of that last garland.

I love these little wreaths and am excited to find a home for them (I will take a couple to my parents' house - after all, they did fund a lot of the project...kind of). I almost bought a couple of miniature boxwood wreaths like this in Canton, (for $26 each) and so now I'm glad I didn't! Here's the project (It only took about an hour):

{Forms, garland, wire cutters, floral wire - these are made with that cheesy, rubbery boxwood garland you can buy for about $5 a strand}

{Some of the garland laid out on the floor}

{I just wrapped a piece of wire around it to hold it on the wreath form securely}

{Finished!}

{This little guy is my favorite - he's really cute}

{I gave the other bay leaf wreath to my mom - it looks nice right when you walk in the side door - hanging on a door in the kitchen}


3 comments:

  1. How creative! This is beautiful!
    xo
    Missy
    http://www.popofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wreath is soooo cute! We loved having you link up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to have you back again soon!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...