Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Project Post 19: More Wreath Fever

I showed you in this post the wreaths I made out of Pottery Barn garland we got as a wedding gift. After making these and loving them so much, I still had wreath fever :) I waited until grapevine wreath forms went 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby (which made them 50 cents each, for the smaller ones), and I stocked up on a few. My parents had a bunch of garland in their attic that we used for past decorating projects, but they haven't seen any love for several years, so I decided to give them some purpose (here ya go, Dad). I also had one more Pottery Barn Bay Leaf garland, so I made two more wreaths out of that last garland.

I love these little wreaths and am excited to find a home for them (I will take a couple to my parents' house - after all, they did fund a lot of the project...kind of). I almost bought a couple of miniature boxwood wreaths like this in Canton, (for $26 each) and so now I'm glad I didn't! Here's the project (It only took about an hour):

{Forms, garland, wire cutters, floral wire - these are made with that cheesy, rubbery boxwood garland you can buy for about $5 a strand}

{Some of the garland laid out on the floor}

{I just wrapped a piece of wire around it to hold it on the wreath form securely}

{Finished!}

{This little guy is my favorite - he's really cute}

{I gave the other bay leaf wreath to my mom - it looks nice right when you walk in the side door - hanging on a door in the kitchen}


3 comments:

  1. How creative! This is beautiful!
    xo
    Missy
    http://www.popofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wreath is soooo cute! We loved having you link up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to have you back again soon!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...