Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chicken & Black Bean Burrito Wraps

Some call this a wrap and some call it a burrito - I've never made either (shame) so I'm calling them both :)
I got this recipe from HERE, and she got it from HERE. I love the Internet :)

No matter what you decide these are, they are good and make a nice little easy dinner. My husband might disagree because there was a lot of clean up since I may or may not have used about 20 bowls (that isn't necessary though - I was just feeling my way through a new recipe).

1 C cooked rice (I used minute rice)
1 C cooked chicken, shredded
1 Can black beans, rinsed & drained
1/2 C fresh cilantro, chopped
Juice from 1 lime
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic salt
2 C shredded cheese
6 large, burrito-size flour tortillas
Sour cream (optional)
Additional toppings of your choice

Mix chili powder, cumin, and garlic salt in with rice and stir to blend. Add remaining ingredients except sour cream and cheese. On each tortilla, spread a tiny dab of sour cream around the whole tortilla, then sprinkle cheese all over it. Spread a little of the chicken mixture in a line in the center of each tortilla, then wrap up each one into a burrito. Heat up a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Place 3 of the burritos in the preheated skillet and cook about a minute on each side (enough to brown the outside and make them a bit crispy). Do the other 3 the same way.

Serve with your choice of toppings. We had salsa, sour cream, guacamole, cheese, and cilantro :) 

1 comment:

  1. THIS LOOKS SO GOOD! yum. I am a new follower! Come stop by? :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...