Saturday, October 22, 2011

Party Prep

{cupcake topper assembly line}

After I saw these camouflage cupcakes on Pinterest, I decided to make cupcakes instead of a traditional cake for Levi's party. If I haven't mentioned it before, we are having a "camo" themed party. While browsing for party ideas and inspiration on Etsy, I ran across several different camo cupcake toppers:

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}
After deciding I wanted at least 40 toppers, and all of these are sold by the dozen, averaging about $11 per dozen (plus shipping), I decided to make my own. I have wanted a scalloped punch for a while, and I patiently waited for them to go on sale at Hobby Lobby. They finally did, and I bought one for about $12. As far as the other supplies I used - I bought a package of miniature wood stakes (like a bulky toothpick) and some camouflage scrapbook paper. I already had some neutral-colored cardstock and a hot glue gun. They turned out pretty simple, but I like them.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...