Monday, March 5, 2012

Oreo Cupcakes

Tomorrow is Tyler's birthday, and he loves anything with Oreos, so I made Oreo cupcakes (found them on Pinterest) for one of our celebrations this past weekend. I cook a LOT more than I bake, and there are certain things I make from scratch because it's the first way I learned how. I make pie crust from scratch, and gravy, but when it comes to baking I will admit, with the exception of cookies, I am typically a straight-from-a-box kind of "chef." So I was a little nervous about these but they were fun to make...and learn. I copied the recipe exactly, so HERE is where you can find it - it's not mine to type out since I didn't change a bunch of things. Here's how they turned out (yes, I do know that my icing is ugly):


  1. uh-oh....I LOVE Oreos. I really didn't need to find another way to eat them! These look awesome!

  2. Yum!!! It was just Oreo's 100th birthday too! What a way to celebrate some great b-days. :)

    I loved checking out your blog. I would love for you to follow my craft blog too!

    Your newest follower,

  3. These look amazing!! We'd love for you to link them up at our recipe party!

  4. Oh my goodness!! These look amazing! Anything with OREO's is a big hit with us girls!! Thanks for linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We would love to have you back!! -The Sisters

  5. Whoa-- these look amazing. I'd have to hide the Oreos after making the cupcakes, though, otherwise I'd end up eating the entire package while baking...

    Erin @ The Great Indoors


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...