Thursday, March 29, 2012

Vacation Highlight

While we were at the beach last week, we visited Fort Pickens, which was listed in the top 10 things to do in the Pensacola area (we actually stayed in Alabama, but drove over to Pensacola Beach one day) by Trip Advisor. I'm sort of a history nerd and enjoy things like this, and my husband enjoys looking at really anything that is a man made structure.


I'm a big believer of Trip Advisor's ratings because I've had several good experiences from trying things I've found on there. We took a quick vacation to Denver about about 6 weeks before Levi was born, and we visited Mt. Evans, which is rated the #2 thing to do in the Denver area. It is probably one of our most favorite memories/experiences and I recommend it to everyone I know who visits the area. Here are two pictures from the mountain:


These were taken with my old digital camera that I've had since early high school, which I believe was 2 mega pixels. If the views are this good through that camera, you can just imagine how amazing it was :)

Back to Fort Pickens - most all of the structures were built in the 1820s, so it was really neat to see and walk through. Here are some snapshots from there:

{I'm wondering now why we didn't grab the stroller out of the car...sorry Tyler}
{Looking at a big boat}

Later that evening, we met my family for dinner. They were staying in Destin, FL and drove over to Pensacola Beach to meet us for dinner. 

{Our dads are here too, they coincidentally (OR WAS IT?!) are hiding behind people for the picture}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...