Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Oven-Roasted Okra

I got this idea from Lesley @ Recipe for Crazy. She posted a picture on Instagram of roasted okra from her garden and I asked her to post a "recipe" or how she made it.
I declared my love for okra back in this post, and there just aren't many things that beat fried okra. I'm going to go ahead and venture to say, I like it roasted JUST AS MUCH. Shocking, I know. Keep in mind two things: my "fried" okra is really just sautéed. I don't make it with breading very often unless I get a really special request, because I just think it takes away from the flavor of the greatest vegetable ever. Roasting it seems to bring out the natural flavor even more. It was really that good.

Thanks to Lesley for the idea!

There isn't really an ingredient list or recipe because it's too simple.

Instructions:
I cut the ends off the okra, sliced them in half (long way), placed them open-face down on a sprayed cookie sheet, brushed some olive oil on top, sprinkled with season salt and black pepper, and plopped them in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. i have been eagerly awaiting the verdict on the roasted okra, haha. can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. i WILL have a garden next year. i WILL grow okra. maybe i'll head to the vegetable stand this afternoon ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...