Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pan -"Grilled" Fish


Frozen tilapia fillets are one thing I keep in my deep freezer for those days when I need a quick meal and don't have time to go to the store. I usually just pan-sear the fillets with just a little bit of seasoning (s&p, lemon, etc.) to keep it light and healthy (especially in the summer). I had the same box of bread crumbs I used in this recipe left over, so I decided to add a little to the fish. What I thought was just a thrown-together super fast meal got rave reviews at my house (and with fish, that's a big deal), so I thought I would share it.

You can use tilapia or any white flaky fish.

I made this on the stove in my grill pan, which was one of my best investments ever. If you cook a lot and don't have one, you might look into it! I got mine on special at Williams-Sonoma after Christmas a few years ago - similar to this and this.

Ingredients:
4-6 tilapia fillets
Italian bread crumbs
"I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray
Black pepper
Seasoned Salt
Garlic Powder

Instructions:
Heat about 2 Tbsp olive oil in grill pan or skillet on Med/High heat. Sprinkle pepper, salt, garlic powder over fish fillets, spray with butter, dip in bread crumbs for a light coating, transfer to pan/skillet. I cook them about 5 minutes, then flip, and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. 


I know this is pretty elementary, but I always enjoy learning how people customarily cook their food, so I thought I would share it.



1 comment:

  1. we love tilapia here too!! i'll have to try it this way though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...