Saturday, July 9, 2011

One step closer...to a completed living room!

The biggest thing we bought on our vacation was a coffee table. It was one of the things on my "list" (I made a list of things I hoped to find last weekend), so I feel really good that we got it.

When we first moved into the house, we were using an old cedar chest that used to be my grandma's as our coffee table. It was actually too tall, and overall just not a good size for a coffee table. Here is the only picture I could find of that makeshift coffee table:


There is a table runner on it and an outdoor rug leaning up against it but you get the picture! Then my grandma loaned us a different coffee table she had in her guest bedroom and we've been using it ever since. It's been great for us to use, but it was just too small for the room, not the right shape, not sturdy enough to put your feet on, and overall just not our style. Here is the only picture I could find of that table. Feel free to say "aaawwwww" at the witty bitty 1-week-old Levi in the picture.



So here is the new coffee table! I am sitting on it to show you how HUGE it is (I'm not a small girl)! I knew it was going to be big when we got it, but when Tyler unloaded it and put it in the living room, I was in the other room and all I heard was "uuhhh..........it's really big." But, extremely large or not, this is EXACTLY what I wanted. I love it! I will put a few better pictures of it after it has "settled" in a while:)



You can bet this one is plenty sturdy to prop your feet up on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...