Monday, August 1, 2011

Mexican Lasagna


I came across a recipe for Mexican Lasagna on recipe for crazy a couple of weeks ago, and it looked so good and easy I decided to try it out. I've made it twice now (in about a 10-day span!), and have adapted it to my liking. I thought I would share it with you.

Ingredients:
Corn tortillas - about 12
1 can of refried beans
2 lbs ground beef (I use very lean beef)
1 onion, diced
1 taco seasoning pouch
3 C shredded cheese (cheddar, or a Mexican/Taco variety)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
Any toppings you prefer (sour cream, quacamole, salsa, etc. - I used salsa)

Instructions:
Brown beef and drain. Add taco seasoning (and water, as instructed on seasoning packet), diced onion, and tomato. Simmer until onion cooked. Remove from heat.

In a 9X13 baking dish, layer about 6 corn torillas, spread out half of the refried beans, add half of the beef mixture, then top with half of the shredded cheese. Add another layer of tortillas, then repeat other steps*. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with topping of your choice.

*The original recipe calls for 3 layers. I like to omit a third layer of tortillas so I only do two layers.


This makes more than double what we can eat for dinner, but it makes awesome leftovers for lunch or you can freeze half of it and save it for later! I thoroughly enjoyed the leftovers for lunch all week:)



Y U M ! ! !

2 comments:

  1. delish! can't wait to try it! :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! If you make it, I'd love to know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...