Thursday, November 10, 2011

Project Post 13: Thankful Tree

My original plan for the Thanksgiving Season was to have a "Thankful Jar" - which works the same way as a Thankful Tree, except with the tree, the things we are thankful for are displayed, so I changed my plan and went with the tree.


I love traditions, and the idea here is to have this tree every year, for the members of our family to write things they are thankful for on little "leaves," and hang them on the tree, so that when we walk by and see a few of the "leaves," we are reminded to give thanks.


I sent several "leaves" to work with Tyler and asked him to bring them back to me filled out, and I filled out some myself. Since our only child is a year old, his dear 'ol mom filled a few out for him (we might break out the crayons and color on a few to hang later).


I was inspired by this tree, and also by several "Thankful Trees" that have flooded my Pinterest homepage over the last few weeks. It's such a great idea for a tradition, so I hopped on the bandwagon. Here is a look at some of my inspiration:
{Image via}


{Image via}


{Image via}
For our Thankful Tree, I gathered some sticks from our yard and put them in a large mason jar. Everything I used to make it I already had. The best projects are free ones! Here is our tree:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...