Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Caterpillar Hunting

I always thought being a mom to a girl would be really fun, but I never really knew what to expect about being a boy's mom. As it turns out, it's REALLY fun. :) And the real fun probably hasn't even started yet (a lot of the things we do he isn't old enough to be really into yet, but we do them any way).

We go to speech therapy every Tuesday in a town that is about 25 miles from where we live. We drive through "the bottom" to get there (it's a big short cut) and it's just a road through a bunch of soybean fields and farm land. Several weeks ago I started noticing these huge, furry caterpillars crossing the road as we drive through. I didn't know what they were at first, and I was a little nervous/intrigued/flabbergasted that they might be big spiders (I'm deathly afraid, but kind of like looking from a distance), so one day I just stopped and got out and looked, and they were just cute, huge, soybean-fed caterpillars. I've been meaning to bring Levi and his bug box down there one day and "catch" some, and yesterday was that day.

With the new addition of a lot of new, fun back yard toys, and now our new pet caterpillars, our back yard is like a little boy wonderland. It's fun being a boy-mom.

 




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...