Monday, October 29, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles


I pinned this on Pinterest as a quick and easy weekday dinner, and that's exactly what it was. It was a great simple meal - good comfort food for cool weather. I made it for us one night, and the next two days my mom, brother, and I ate it for lunch until it was gone. We were getting ready for Levi's birthday party and my brother sent a text to ask if we needed fridge space -- offering to come eat the rest of the chicken and noodles. So, I guess it was good!

Ingredients:
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 Cup butter (sliced)
42 oz chicken broth
pepper, to taste
Egg noodles

Instructions:
Place breasts and butter in crock pot (I threw mine in partially frozen). Combine soup, broth, pepper and pour over chicken. Cook on low 8-9 hours. An hour before serving, shred the chicken and add uncooked egg noodles. I had a 24oz bag of noodles and added about 3/4 of the bag. Add less if you like it soupy and more if you like it really thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...