Friday, January 13, 2012

Healthy? Taco Soup


The question mark in the title is unfortunately not a typo. This recipe was adapted from a Weight Watchers one, but I have no clue how far I have adapted it:) Oops. I will tell you one thing, it's excellent. There are thousands upon millions of "taco-soup-ish" recipes floating around Pinterest lately, so this post may be completely irrelevant to some. Sorry. It's relevant to me however, and since this is my blog, I will continue.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 to 2lbs of lean ground beef or turkey (this particular time I used 1.85lbs)
1 onion, chopped
3 cans of ranch style beans
1 can of corn
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of rotel
1 small can (8 oz) tomato sauce
3 C water
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 packet of ranch dip mix
Garnishes to throw on top (optional)(cilantro, lime, sour cream, shredded cheese)

Instructions:
Brown meat, drain off any grease. Add all other ingredients, simmer for 20 to 30 minutes (perfect amount of time to whip up some cornbread).


*This time I bought the "Mexican" variety of all the canned items (rotel, diced tomatoes, corn, & even the beans) and it gave it a little extra kick.
* I do know that pretty much the main difference in my version versus the WW one is that their recipe calls for only 1 lb of meat. Everything else is pretty much the same, minus any garnishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...