Monday, January 23, 2012

Brisket Tacos {Again}


I posted about brisket (or shredded beef) tacos a while back (view post here), but I just linked to a specific recipe that I used, because I copied it almost exactly. Since then, I have made these tacos a few times, and I've tweeked the recipe to our tastes to come up with what I consider a very good taco recipe (a little more work than your average slow-cooker recipe, but totally worth it). I thought I would share it, since I never even typed out the recipe for you in the previous post.

I still based my tacos off of this recipe, but have adapted it quite a bit.

Ingredients:
2 to 2.5 lbs boneless chuck roast (I get the "lean")
2 T olive oil
1 tsp chili pwd (heaping)
1/2 tsp cumin (heaping)
1/2 tsp smoked paprika (heaping)
1/2 tsp ground red pepper (heaping)
1 1/4 C beef stock
2 T tomato paste
1 med onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
Tortillas, taco toppings

Instructions:
Heat oil in large skillet. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, & pepper. Rub mixture into the beef evenly. Once oil is hot, place meat in and sear it on both sides. Leaving the skillet on the heat, transfer the meat to the crock pot. 
Add beef stock to skillet, scraping up anything on the bottom. Add tomato paste and whisk mixture. Sprinkle some red pepper in (optional). Bring sauce to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer a few minutes until sauce thickens up.
Add diced onion and garlic on top of beef in crock pot. Pour sauce over everything. Cook on low 6-8 hours (I always cook 6 hours only). When it's ready, take a couple of forks and it will shred very easily.



3 comments:

  1. Chris and I were just talking about how I needed a good taco recipe; we'll have to give these a try! They look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try them, let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. Looks so delicious! We are big taco lovers! We hope to see you back next week to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Thanks for coming!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...