Monday, September 19, 2011

Corn Chowder


Corn chowder is my absolute favorite soup/chowder in the world. My version is similar to potato soup, but packed with a lot more flavor than potato soup. It's so great for a cool, crisp fall evening (although I could eat it year round).

Ingredients:
6 slices of bacon
6 small-medium potatoes, cubed
1 onion
1 C water
2 cans creamed corn
1 can evaporated milk
1 can regular milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
S & P to taste

Instructions:
Fry bacon in stock pot until crispy. Set bacon aside. Add potatoes, onion, and water to bacon drippings. Bring to a boil and then simmer until potatoes are soft. Add remaining ingredients and heat through, stirring to prevent potatoes from sticking to bottom. Garnish with bacon pieces.

*For dinner, I serve this with garlic french bread that I make with hoagy buns - (I put melted butter on them, then some garlic powder and shredded cheddar and parmesan cheese, and toss them in the oven at 400 or 425 for 7-10 minutes). I made this batch for lunch, so in the pictures they are shown with saltine crackers instead of bread.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...